Cheryl Morgan's Reviews > Salvaged

Salvaged by Stefne Miller

F_50x66
Mar 19, 10

Read from March 09 to 19, 2010

"Salvaged" brought back some very personal memories for me, so it was an emotional read. Having lost my mother to a drunk driver when I was just 13, I could so related to Attie's feelings. Teenage years are difficult enough for girls without having to get through them without their mothers. And like Attie, I, too, turned to my faith to help me through the trauma. The development of the young love relationship with Riley was beautiful and I'm sure will take many of us back to our first loves, but it's also a wonderful story for today's youth to see that they can have all that is wonderful about young love without giving into the physical part of the relationship that should be kept at arm's length until marriage. The book honestly showed that the best intentions of our Christian youth doesn't make it so. Just knowing that they should wait doesn't make it easy to do, and those raging hormones are a fate that must be dealt with realistically. "Salvaged" will show those teens that having those feelings are a normal part of life, it's how they deal with the feelings that make all the difference in their life. The book is very well written, the dialogue touching and emotionally charged. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone 13+, including adults not afraid to revisit their youth. It is well worth the time devoted to reading it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Salvaged.