Alicia 's Reviews > Linger

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

Aug 06, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010, nook, nook-lending
Read in August, 2010

Cover: Like the Shiver cover, the Linger cover was so pretty. For me, the greens symbolized the warmth and life of the spring season and when the wolves shed their furry pelts for a less hairy appearance.

Characters: Sam and Grace are still crazy about each other. Sam's insecurities seem to be exposed a bit more in this book. I was surprised at how friendly Isabel and Grace became. Cole was a nice addition to the story. His growth throughout the story was touching.

Writing: Stiefvater does such a nice job of telling the story from the various perspectives. I'm a sucker for this style of writing. I also like how she adds Sam's lyrics and poems that Sam is fond of. Her writing in this story really pulled me in. I found myself hanging on the last word of every page, just waiting for what would come next.

Plot: I don't want to give away any spoilers, but I will say that I enjoyed the way Shiver tied in with Linger. What's the saying? When one door closes, another one opens. That's exactly what happened in this book. Just when you thought Sam and Grace would live happily ever after, something else pops up.

Overall: 5/5 I LOVED this book! I can't wait until the next book in the series is released.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Linger.