Sue's Reviews > Our Lady of Immaculate Deception

Our Lady of Immaculate Deception by Nancy Martin

F 50x66
Mar 13, 2010

Read in October, 2009

In this first in a new series, Martin, author of the Blackbird Sisters Mysteries, introduces Roxy Abruzzo, single mother of a teen-aged daughter and owner of an architectural salvage business. When salvaging parts from a burned out building, Roxy and her assistant Nooch steal what turns out to be a priceless Greek statue from the garden, a theft which leads to all sorts of trouble. When one of the homeowners, Julius Hyde, is shot, Roxy finds herself investigating the crime to protect herself and Nooch, who will find himself in jail if he violates his parole. Complicating matters, Roxy’s Uncle Carmine, a mob boss, has given her cash, which she needs for her daughter’s education, to complete unspecified future jobs. An unusual frame, well-drawn characters, and an interesting mystery are pluses for this Pittsburgh set crime novel, but the promiscuous Roxy, who takes good care of her own and those she feels responsible for, also has a cruel streak that makes her hard to completely warm up to.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Our Lady of Immaculate Deception.