JPMcCollum's Reviews > Woods Runner

F 50x66
Mar 09, 10

Read in March, 2010

** spoiler alert ** 20 word summary

While samuel is hunting, he sees a fire . He runs back to his house and family to find them gone.

passage
page # 59
paragraph 3

"Where...Who...?" The words pealed in his mind like a bell, echoing around inside his head.
A figure appeared next to the fire. Not his mother but a young man with stringy black hair and a cheek full of tobacco juice. He leaned down, his face close to Samuel's. "You in there righteous or are you going away again?"
"I'm... I'm here. Who are you?"
"John. John Cooper, but most just call me coop."
"Where...?"
"Long story, that. We be about twelve miles from where you got that egg on your head. Twelve miles in distance, more'n that in time.
"When... I don't remember... Some Indians. I thin I shot at one and then...nothing. Why did I shoot an Indian?"
Cain't tell. WE come on those Iriquois and some redcoats. We'd already seen what they took and done back at Miller's Crossing, so we snuck up proper and took them on."

I chose this passage because if Coop and his soldiers didn't find Samuel and save him, he would've died. He would never have gone on his journey to reach his parents and rescue them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Woods Runner.

message 1: by KMGelabert (new)

KMGelabert In your summary you said that Samuel runs home to see his family and they were gone, where did he go that he gets lost?

JPMcCollum KMGelabert wrote: "In your summary you said that Samuel runs home to see his family and they were gone, where did he go that he gets lost?"

Well the reason they're not there is because the Redcoats took them and the place where he gets lost is in thw woods looking for them. He technically doesn't get lost because she knows where they are and finds them. But when he finds them he gets bashed in the head by an indian and the Patriots find his body when hes knocked out and they take him with them.