Amanda's Reviews > The Fred Factor: How passion in your work and life can turn the ordinary into the extraordinary

The Fred Factor by Mark Sanborn

Mar 16, 2010

it was ok
Read from March 15 to 16, 2010

This was suggested by a supervisor, so I ventured out from my usual genre to read it. It was inspiring in that, the main thesis (repeated over and over and OVER) is to get the most out of your life/job by making every second count, ever task your best effort. That's a good idea, really. And a good reminder, as an employee to try my best at even the most menial aspect of my job.

On the other hand, it encourages you to be a patsy. The "Fred" for whom the book is named, is a U.S. Postal carrier. Guess what he was at the end of his long career? A postal carrier.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fred Factor.

Carolyn Finn That's true; you're correct. But Sanborn concludes by talking about Fred's purposeful approach and clear vision for his life. Fred's apparent lack of "career progression" may not appeal to many, but Sanborn is convincing in his description of Fred as truly comfortable with his own life and choices. If you think about it, that's what matters....not what you or I think.

Amanda Yes, you are right. It's whatever make YOU happy.