Schnaucl's Reviews > A Local Habitation

A Local Habitation by Seanan McGuire

Mar 09, 10

bookshelves: fiction, library, march, read_2010, series, urban_fantasy
Read from March 07 to 09, 2010, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** I continue to really like the characters and the world that McGuire has created. I thought the idea of a dryad living in a virtual tree was pretty cool.

Warning, large spoilers to follow.

Unfortunately, two of the big plot points were immediately obvious (at least to me). I knew as soon as the phone lines didn't work in AHL that April was the culprit, even if I didn't know why. I don't know why Toby didn't put more importance on that, especially when she knew for a fact that she had called Sylvester and he claimed not to have received the messages.

I also figured out immediately that Alex and Terrie were something akin to a succubus/incubus, even if I didn't realize they were sort of the same person. I guess we're supposed to write off Toby's ignorance as being part of the glamor but it's still irritating. When has she ever behaved like that with someone? She should have had a clue, particularly when Quentin has the same reaction to Terrie.

I would have liked to see more of Tybalt and I think I need to see a lot more of Conner to get a feel for him as this tragic star-crossed lover.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Local Habitation.

Kelly Yeah, April's involvement was really obvious. It bothered me that Toby couldn't see that, and finally I chalked it up to her having spent most of the internet-boom years as a fish. Maybe she just didn't know how interconnected and networked everything is at a business nowadays. Or maybe that's what I told myself so I could keep devouring the book. ;)