Kevin Shamel's Reviews > A Million Versions of Right

A Million Versions of Right by Matthew Revert

May 02, 10

Read from March 09 to April 28, 2010

Matthew Revert is absurd! He's perfectly absurd. This book is a beautiful example of simple, thoughtful, gorgeous, bizarro absurdism.

The stories are fantastic. They're funny, and horrid, and wise. They're filled with perfect sentences, bits of juice and stray thoughts that tie paragraphs together instinctively and excitingly. Seriously, sometimes I had to close the book for a second and think about just how elegantly written it was. Inspired, intelligent and insane all at once, this book is solid entertainment.

I think even the way the stories are arranged is excellent. The book starts with a cringe-worthy hilarious story that leaves you feeling like you just learned a whole lot of nothing about sex from your insane uncle and his troupe of mustachioed tilers. You know that you are indeed in for a million versions of right, right away. It'll make you smile. After you get up and shake off the heeby-jeebies.

And it gets even better. From detached and stapled-on reproductive organs to the most ridiculous story about bookmarks I've ever read, I'm pretty sure Mr. Revert hits at least HALF of the versions of right there are in the world.

I want to shout adjectives about this book and it seems I have.

I am a fan of Matthew Revert. I hope to read much more from him.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Million Versions of Right.