Kimm's Reviews > Catch of a Lifetime

Catch of a Lifetime by Judi Fennell

Dec 31, 10

Read from December 03 to 09, 2010

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…I love Judi Fennell’s writing.

Catch of a Lifetime is the third book in the Tritone Trilogy about Mer (folk). In Fennell’s first two books, we were introduced to two brothers. Angel, the heroine of Catch of a Lifetime was featured in both those stories and now we get to see her find a love of her own. She’s a little wild and eccentric. She’s also obsessed by human culture and wanting to save the planet—which is what ultimately lands in her the way of Logan.

All Logan wants is a normal life, something he was deprived of as a child. Angel is definitely not considered normal…so therein lies the problem. I can’t forget Michael, Logan’s son. He takes to Angel immediately (he also knows her SECRET). Both Logan and Angel have a hard time with choices they are forced to make—each clearly aware of their impact on poor little Michael. Throw in a little drama, like a vengeful hammerhead shark and a sea witch, and you have the perfect Mer love story.

I thought this book was the most serious one in the trilogy, giving it more romance than humor—but that’s a good thing. It worked well and was the right tone for Angel and Logan. I don’t know if Judi Fennell plans on going back to revisit the rest of the Tritone siblings (there are a couple more), but I know I’ll definitely be reading their stories if she does!

If you want romance and fun (and lots of talking creatures)…you MUST read Judi Fennell…

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catch of a Lifetime.

12/06/2010 page 129