valee's Reviews > The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever

The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever by Julia Quinn

2320890
Jun 28, 2010

bookshelves: historical-romance

Oh, this was such a sweet story. I loved every page of it. I couldn't put it down, which I'm sorry because it was over so fast that I feel bad for having spend money in something that lasted useful in my hands only some hours,lol. Then again, I can't think in anything better than spending my money in this amazing books,lol, I don't regret it of course. It's just that sometimes it hurts to see my money being consumed so fast. But I guess you just can't help it when you find a good book.

Julia Quinn is just an amazing writer. I would strongly recommend this author to all LK fans because they are so much alike that you just can't help to love them both. I mean each has her own writing style but it doesn't come any more similar to LK than JQ and vice versa. Love them both terribly, they are my two fav romance writers.

I'm glad I took some time before reading another historical romance book again. I guess now I realized I was missing the genre. Sometimes the best thing you can do is to switch between genres for once in a while, that way you will enjoy them much more.

I loved everything about this book. I don't wanna loose time talking about the book because for that you can read the summary at the back of the cover. Just wanted to say that after having read her Bridgerton's series I though she couldn't write anything just as good, but let me tell you that this series does not disappoint.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever.

04/30/2010 page 20
5.36% "Oh my,that was the loveliest prologue ever!There's something tremendously sweet in reading about a 10-year old girl falling in love"
04/30/2010 page 180
48.26% "OMG, I love this book. I guess I must have been really missing the genre because I can't put it down. Loving every page. JQ is awesome." 2 comments
11/16/2016 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Ally72 (new)

Ally72 Great review, Vale!!!

valee Thanks Ally! Nice to see the review is being noticed,lol.

message 3: by Dina (new)

Dina Wow, 5 stars! Most of my friends hated this book and I was decided to skip it, but now you have me reconsidering that decision, Vale.

valee I don't know, maybe it was because I stayed away of the genre for a very long time, but I just loved it. I know if you read too many books in this genre one after the other it can get tedious, maybe that was what happened to your friends. I liked this one as I did most of the Bridgerton's book, maybe a bit less because it did not had that family factor I loved so much. But I really liked this one and I's looking forward to read the next.

Most of my goodread's friends gave thin one 4, some gave 3 and 5 but not less than than 3. For me it was a very nice story. I can't understand why some didn't like it. I mean if you liked other JQ's book you should enjoy this tremendously. But that's just my opinion,lol. You know, when it comes to book tastes it depends on the person.

message 5: by Ally72 (last edited May 01, 2010 08:48AM) (new)

Ally72 Vale...I think I read this book before I started goodreads so my review is not on here, but I really liked it too. It was definitely a solid 4 star book for me and had a "Bridgerton" feel to it. This is also the kind of storyline I love in historicals so that maybe made a difference too.

Dina...I think you would maybe like this book, but I have stayed away from books that I knew my friends didn't like too. It had a cute storyline and definitely made me want to continue with the series.

valee Awesome,lol, I'm glad I wasn't the only one.

message 7: by Dina (new)

Dina Okay, I'll give it a try. :)

valee Cool.

Fani loves angst Lady Vale, I know many Quinn's fans didn't enjoy this book, being darker than her usual romances I guess, but I loved it and it's one of my favorites of hers! Glad to see you loved it too.

message 10: by Dina (new)

Dina Fani wrote: "I loved it and it's one of my favorites of hers!"

Uh-oh, Fani loved it... Does that mean I'm going to hate it? LOL

valee I'm so happy somebody else liked it as much as I did. I do agree it was a bit darker and not so light as her usuals but that's what I liked the most about it. I loved this one and I was shocked to see I was the only one,lol, nice to see you did you,lol.

message 12: by Fani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fani loves angst Dina wrote: "Fani wrote: "I loved it and it's one of my favorites of hers!"

Uh-oh, Fani loved it... Does that mean I'm going to hate it? LOL"

LOL! That is a bit scary Dina indeed:) I don't know why other people didn't like it, but if you expect another light fluffy book like her Bridgertons series, you'll be disappointed too. As well you know I do like angstier romances so this one fell right in my alley.

Nelly Totally a sweet story I agree Valee, I just finished it last night and I'm still mesmerized *_*