valee's Reviews > To Catch an Heiress

2320890
Aug 05, 10

bookshelves: historical-romance
Read from August 03 to 05, 2010

I have read almost all the books written by Julia Quinn and let me say that it's not easy to rate her as an author. I have read some terrific books like the ones from the Bridgertons series, others almost as good as books 1 and 3 in the Bevelstoke series, and some which I almost didn't enjoy at all like the ones in the Two Dukes of Wyndham series.
I liked this one as much as I did her splendid trilogy, which would situate both of them right after the Bevelstoke series which was a bit better.

To catch a Heiress was a great story. For sure the one which made me laugh harder. Sometimes I even couldn't stop laughing, I had to stop reading for a bit,lol. The thing was that the heroine was great. She was the most witty and charming I have seen in all JQ's books. She is definitely my fav heroine, even taking into consideration the ones in the Bridgerton series.

This series is about spies, illegal smuggling and traitors to the country. I have to admit that at the beginning I thought the story would be totally lame because, as the summary mentions, the heroine gets kidnapped by accident as she is confused by another dangerous woman. So the beginning was a bit surreal and boring. But not much, maybe the first 20% of the book if not less. Then the story got so much better! I would have given this book 5 maybe if it wasn't for that beginning.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Catch an Heiress.

08/04/2010
40.0% "I have to admit that at the beginning I thought this would be a lame book. But it got way better and the heroine is the best Quinn has created. Seriously she has made me laugh with every word that has come out of her mouth. She's hilarious. It seems that the book will get even better. Let's hope this really happens."

dateDown_arrow    newest »