Jason's Reviews > Wit'ch Fire

Wit'ch Fire by James Clemens

1419696
Mar 12, 10

Read from March 08 to 11, 2010

I haven't quite decided what I think of Wit'ch Fire yet. It was, at least, definitely good enough that I will read the next book in the series.

The story is a coming-of-age story, where the main MAIN character (there are several leading characters, but one is the one around whom all the other stories revolve) is a young girl with blossoming powers and a destiny that she will save and/or destroy the world. With her powers come the urge to abuse and destroy with them, which she must learn to control.

For me, this is a very familiar plotline and I don't really feel that this book offered any real gems of twisting that into any directions I haven't seen before.

That said, it is well written with interesting characters that are diverse and have a multitude of motivators. Ironically, I was really disappointed when one of the more evil characters of the story died in the end. They did a great job of giving his character some colorful and creative depth and I really hoped he'd get to stick around.

So I will definitely try the sequel Wit'ch Storm and hopefully it'll hook me. Because if it doesn't, I'm not sure I'm willing to commit much more past two books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wit'ch Fire.