Trena's Reviews > You Know You Want It: Style-Inspiration-Confidence

You Know You Want It by Eric Daman

F 50x66
Mar 08, 10

Read in March, 2010

I picked up You Know You Want It by Eric Daman from the library's new book shelf when I was browsing for non-fiction. Daman is the costume designer for Gossip Girl. I watched a season of the show because a friend's sister's then-now-ex-husband is the producer and the friend had viewing parties for it. I was amused by the teenagers who lead lives more sophisticated than I will ever have, and the clothes are fantastic. Daman knows his stuff when it comes to costuming a cast.

Unfortunately, it does not seem that writing is one of his gifts. The book is not so much a style manual as a current fashion magazine without ads. Now don't get me wrong, the fashion spreads are gorgeous and he shows a lot of cute, current clothes. But it's more like a fashion primer--this is a boat neck, this is a V neck, etc. etc.--than a style manual.

Summary: beautiful styling, little content, anchored firmly in current trends (so will be dated in about 4 years). I recommend a flip through the book in the bookstore, but I don't know that it would be worth owning.
1 like • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Know You Want It.