Amanda's Reviews > The Jeremy - Snaps of the Dragon

The Jeremy - Snaps of the Dragon by Jo S. Wun

Apr 04, 10

bookshelves: contemporary
Read from March 22 to 30, 2010

The story of a boy raised Catholic in 50s-60s Britain. Wun's humour is irreverantly witty as his young hero, refered to as 'the Jeremy' develops from a curious yet dependant and supersticious child into an intelligent, thoughtful and rational young man. His development is explored through a stream of conciousness, with various Jungian-style psychological achetypes such as 'the sergant' and 'the professor' representing his various conditioned childhood guilts and repressions he must break free from if he is ever to become his own person and follow his own beliefs. A rather disturbingly accurate portrayal of a young child's developing mind.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Jeremy - Snaps of the Dragon.

03/23/2010 page 33
10.19% "Not exactly what I was expecting (not that I really know what I was expecting!)...but a nice surprise nevertheless."
03/25/2010 page 135
41.67% "Really loving Wun's discriptions of The Jeremy's psychological achetypes! Suddenly I remember what it feels like to think as a child..."
show 7 hidden updates…