Smash's Reviews > Shift

Shift by Rachel Vincent

Mar 11, 10

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, favorites, read-2010, book-covers-i-love, read-own-hardcopy
Read from March 07 to 11, 2010

What an amazing book! The Thunderbirds turned out to be a great addition to the Shifters' world, and I have a strong feeling we haven't seen the last of them.

Faythe is one hell of a heroine, and I think she is going to make one hell of an Alpha. She is honorable, loyal, fair, strong, courageous and compassionate. She has matured so much over the course of the series, and continues to prove herself. She really shined in this book, and some of her decisions prove that she is going to be a great leader.

I don't know how I will wait until October to find out the fate of Faythe's relationships and Pride!

P.S. I am more in love with Jace than ever before!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shift.

Quotes Smash Liked

Rachel Vincent
“If I love you more than you love me, I'm as good as dead. Yet I can't make myself take it back. I can't just walk away from you, because every time you pass by me without smiling, without touching my hand, or at least making eye contact, it feels like I'm dying inside. And I'm pretty sure that hurts worse than whatever Marc would do to me. Whatever your dad would do. Hell, Faythe, I'm pretty sure that never touching you again would hurt worse than the nastiest death Calvin could think up for me.”
Rachel Vincent, Shift

Rachel Vincent
“You deserve better than me,” I whispered, and the selfish part of me hoped he wouldn’t hear.
He heard.
Marc spun me around so fast I would have slipped again if he weren’t holding me up. We were so close drops of water from his chin fell onto my chest, and I had to crane my neck to see him.
“You are perfect for me, Faythe, just like you are, because you’re not perfect. You’re headstrong, and impulsive, and outspoken, and I’m possessive, and overprotective, and too easy to piss off. We’re both wrong for a lot of things, but we’re right for each other. Do you understand?”
I nodded. I didn’t know what else to do.”
Rachel Vincent, Shift

03/08/2010 page 60
13.61% "Wow. This book started out with a bang! The love triangle has me in such suspense that I can't focus on the action. LOL!"
show 1 hidden update…