Adi (Reading in the Windowseat)'s Reviews > The Last Olympian

The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan

Another amazing adventure, a new look on the war waging between Gods and Titans, where the final stand is upheld by the bravest of demigods.

As it is the final book of the series, the plot took some pretty big twists, making the story even more dynamic and enthralling. We find our favourite half-blood heroes fighting a real war, where all may be lost in a blink of an eye.

The streets of New York turn into a battle for the fate of the world as Percy and his friends struggle to uphold the resistance. The son of Poseidon must take the chance, decide wisely and fight valiantly if the reign of the Olympians, the existence of mortals, is to be preserved.

And while all Hades is breaking loose, the young fighters must face things such as betrayal, mourning, jealousy and pride; they must learn to put those feelings aside and come together if they are to save the day. And that, for temperamental demigods, may turn into a more difficult task than fighting the war for the Olympians.

An amazing finale to the series for modern heroes. A definite must-read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Olympian.

Quotes Adi (Reading in the Windowseat) Liked

Rick Riordan
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

Rick Riordan
“I felt like one of Apollo's sacred cows- slow, dumb, and bright red.”

Rick Riordan
“It's hard to enjoy practical jokes when your whole life feels like one.”

Rick Riordan
“I don't recommend shadow travel if you're scared of:
a) The dark
b) Cold shivers up your spine
c) Strange noises
d) Going so fast you feel like your face is peeling off
In other words, I thought it was awesome.”

Rick Riordan
“Well . . . sure good to be together again. Arguing. Almost dying. Abject terror. Oh, look. It's our floor.”

Rick Riordan
“It almost made me long for the flying pig.

--Percy”