Zainab Al-Sammak's Reviews > Memoirs of a Geisha

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden

Mar 07, 10

bookshelves: favorites

I loveeeeee this novel <3

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Memoirs of a Geisha.

Quotes Zainab Liked

Arthur Golden
“Watch for the thing that will show itself to you. Because that thing, when you find it, will be your future.”

Arthur Golden
“Well, a peach has a lovely taste and so does a mushroom, but you can't put the two together...”
tags: humor

Arthur Golden
“If you aren't the woman I think you are, then this isn't the world I thought it was.”

Arthur Golden
“The heart dies a slow death, shedding each hope like leaves until one day there are none. No hopes. Nothing remains.”

Arthur Golden
“Can't you see? Every step I have taken, since I was that child on the bridge, has been to bring myself closer to you. ”
tags: love

Arthur Golden
“Occasionally in life we come upon things we can't understand, because we have never seen anything similar.”

Arthur Golden
“Seeing him again after so long awakened something inside me. I was surprised to find myself feeling sad rather than joyful, as I would have imagined.”

Arthur Golden
“It was what we Japanese called the onion life, peeling away a layer at a time and crying all the while.”

Arthur Golden
“If a few minutes of suffering could make me so angry, what would years of it do? Even a stone can be worn down with enough rain.”