Wayne's Reviews > You'll Never Know, Vol. 1: A Good and Decent Man

You'll Never Know, Vol. 1 by Carol Tyler

M 50x66
Mar 07, 10

Read in March, 2010

This one is listed as a graphic memoir on the front cover. It is a look at a girl's relationship with her father and her search for the story of his exploits during World War II. Having just finished another similar themed story a few days ago- The Imposters Daughter, I couldn't help but to compare the two. I liked the Imposters Daughter more, in story comparison and art, but this one was still very good.There is an important page in this book that really hit home with me . In it, the author tells of " Experts and poets agree : The pattern of romance for a girl is set by her relationship with her father. " Of course having an 18 year old daughter right now makes me psychoanalyze what kind of relationship I have had with her, and if my influence in her life will have any long ranging influence on her outlook on men. We'll see I guess. You always hope your daughter wiil seek out a man who has similar traits as you,as I think my sister eventually did, but that's a topic for another time.I also thought it ended on an abrupt note, and I'm not quite sure if I cared enough to read the next volume whenever it comes out.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You'll Never Know, Vol. 1.