Princess Bookie's Reviews > Spells

Spells by Aprilynne Pike

Apr 12, 10

bookshelves: read2010
Read from April 11 to 12, 2010

My Thoughts: First, I want to say I have heard a lot of good and bad reviews about this series. I have heard a lot of people say they wouldn't even attempt to read it. Sucks for them! I loved it! I read Wings in a day and started Spells the next day and read it in 2 sittings. I loved them both. I did like Spells a little more though. In Spells, we are once again introduced to Laurel, her family, her friend Chelsea, her boyfriend David, her other "friend" Tamani; who is a fairy! In Wings, Laurel slowly realized she was a fairy and by Spells, she has accepted this and is trying to cope with it and lead a normal life. Of course nothing can go as planned because she has Trolls hunting her down, wanting crucial information from her. I don't want to give away the whole plot but I loved this book.This book revolves more about Laurel going to Avalon and spending time getting to learn about her heritige (being a fairy). I truly adore this series.

I started off so torn between David and Tamani. I mean, come on, David seems like a sweetheart and the kind of guy who will always be there for you. Yes, that's comforting and hot but than there is Tamani who comes off as a hunky awesome guy. You know you shouldn't like him because Laurel is already with David.But you find yourself thinking, come on Tamani, get the girl! And on top of his greatness, he's a fairy! By the time the book ended, I was rooting for Tamani and wanted Laurel and Tamani together. There was so much tension between them I had to reread a few paragraphs just so I could savor it more than once. A big grin would cross my face. Sorry David but I'm more in love with Tamani. Its been a while since I've loved a guy in a book and I'm still awwing over Tamani. Can he please be real? Pretty please! I just loved these books! They are so good!

Overall: Loved it! I'm team Tamani! I actually liked Laurel too. The kissing scene between Laurel and Tamani- HOT! I just adored Tamani's personality. The chemistry between them was so awesome. I wish book 3 was already out! The cliffhanger on the last page of Spells makes you just sit there and say, what what what? What is going to happen next???

Cover: Its cute. I like the flowers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spells.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melanie (new)

Melanie What was it like? I have it currently on my reading list. I'm not usually much of a fairy girl but thoroughly enjoyed and loved Wings!!

Princess Bookie I loved it! its also better than Wings. I love Tamani!

message 3: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Tamani is great. I can't wait to sww where the story goes with him. I felt we didnlt know enough about him in Wings!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Sooooo glad you enjoyed this one. Loved the first book. Can't wait.

Princess Bookie Melanie, we learn a lot more about him in Spells but I think he's going to be in the book after that alot!

The Sweet Bookshelf Oh I am ALL about Tamani! Laurel can have David, because I'm taking Tam! I almost threw the book when Laurel did what she did....made me so sad.

I can't wait for book 3! Tamani needs to get the girl!!!