Linda's Reviews > The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood

The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle

Apr 25, 10

Read from March 06 to April 24, 2010

I have been watching the BBC tv Robin Hood Series and I there was a major surprise for me at the end of season 2. I won't say what it is just in case anyone's been watching that but I wanted to find out what the real story was. So... I read the book. Surprisingly, I really enjoyed it. I wish they had more of Will Stutely and David of Doncaster in the movies. I think they sound like such fun people. It was sort of like a collection f short stories of Robin Hood and his gang so don't go into it expecting a whole story with a continuous plot that runs through out the book. It's not like that at all. It was fun though and had very interesting characters. I absolutely LOVED it!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood.

Quotes Linda Liked

Howard Pyle
“So passed the seasons then, so they pass now, and so they will pass in time to come, while we come and go like leaves of the tree that fall and are soon forgotten.”

Howard Pyle
“He who jumps for the moon and gets it not leaps higher than he who stoops for a penny in the mud.”

Howard Pyle
“It doth make a man better,' quoth Robin Hood, 'to bear of those noble men so long ago. When one doth list to such tales, his soul doth say, 'put by thy poor little likings and seek to do likewise.' Truly, one may not do as nobly one's self, but in the striving one is better...”