Alex Bennett's Reviews > Vampire Academy

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Oct 11, 11

Read in January, 2011

I’m not just joking around when I say that this book—and the series it belongs to—is super famous. No, not even famous, it is PHAMOUS! Seriously, everyone has read this series. Except me, of course…until now. Because after reading Vampire Academy, I am a loyal Richelle Mead fan. I know it won’t be long before I devour the rest of this series, and move on to some of her other works.

Rose was really strong, which I liked. She was confident and stuck up for herself and her friends, even when things got really tough. Even though she was so sure of herself, she always put Lissa first, even though it isn’t really her job…yet. Lissa herself was definitely weaker, but also put Rose before herself. If these girls weren’t into the opposite gender, they would be the perfect couple. But alas, they are just BFFs. But there are definitely guys who aren’t just friends with Rose and Lissa. Christian for example, though you don’t like him at first, he starts to become the perfect match for Lissa and by the end of the book you are rooting for him all the way. Same with Dimitri, though he starts off as someone Rose has a beef with, you soon realize that Rose and Dimitri are meant to be.

I seriously loved Richelle Mead’s writing style. It was fast paced, realistic, and fun. This book blended dark and light perfectly, without creating grey. I was seriously sucked in to this story, and rarely wanted to leave the world and these characters. Though I’ve never tried it myself, I’m sure this book is as addictive as crack cocaine.

Sick of vampires? Too bad, you’re gonna love this book. I was hesitant too; you can’t look both ways without some type of vampire media being shoved in your face, but Vampire Academy is different. Richelle Mead has torn everything you thought of vampires apart and built her own, unique world that is unlike anything else out there. I would definitely recommend this book for those of you who think you’re done with vampires, because after reading this book, you won’t be. Until you finish the series, at least.

Even if you think you’ve read everything there can be written about vampires, you haven’t until you’ve read Vampire Academy. This action-packed rollercoaster is definitely a book I’d recommend, to anyone really. You will soon fall in love with Richelle Mead’s world and characters as though they are part of your own life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Academy.

12/05/2010 page 26
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Christina Marotti how do you like it

message 2: by Alex (new) - added it

Alex Bennett Christina wrote: "how do you like it"

Love it so far!

*•.♥.•*Sabrina Rutter*•.♥.•* I loved this series just as much as I loved Twilight, and believe me I loved Twilight! I only read memoirs and biographys before I read Twilight so that's the one book that taught me what I was missing:)

Mari This is probably my all time favorite series can't wait for ur review!

Lea Ivy i just finished readin this.. t'was a good read :) enjoy!

message 6: by Jay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jay Best Series Ever!!!!!!!!!!

message 7: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Amazing series! I honestly thought i wasnt going to like Vampire Academy. Glad i picked them up and read them!

Sierra Dobbie Your not the only one who hasn't read it!

message 9: by Jolene (new) - added it

Jolene I feel left out, I need to read this series and The House of Night series!

Sierra Dobbie @Jolene- I need to read the house of night too!

message 11: by Danielle (new) - added it

Danielle I'm super excited to start this series but I'm also reluctant because I know once I start I probably won't be able to stop!

Melissa  Paranormally Romanced Im so glad you enjoyed this book. This is my favorite series and author. Richelle Mead is amazing and the books only beome better. One if the best things about this series is the characters they are 3 dimensional and all show tremendous growth throughout the series.. I look forward to reading the review for the rest fo series

Nuella finally i meet someone who loves this book i havent read it but i will cuz it looks amazing! is there any relationship in this book?

Michael Did you see the movie yet? The movie really needs fans to pull through because as of now its a flop. So please support the movie :)