Alla's Reviews > Painless Childbirth: The Lamaze Method

Mar 28, 10

bookshelves: non-fiction
Read from March 06 to 28, 2010

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Painless Childbirth.

message 1: by rachel (new)

rachel painless?! hahahahaha! i certainly hope your experience is as free of pain as possible, but i just really don't believe that it can be painless. my mom did lamaze and she had pain with me! but maybe it was just because i'm so full of brains. ;)

Alla ))))) I know!! It sounds inconceivable to me too, but I figured there is no harm in trying.. not like it's going to make it MORE painful :)) But I can totally see myself begging for sweet sweet epidural. :)

message 3: by rachel (new)

rachel so the book didn't ease your mind and convince you that lamaze is the best thing ever? ;)

Alla )) I don't think this was an appropriate book for that to begin with - this was actually written by Lamaze himself and gave a lot of history and methodology. More so than the actual technique. It was horribly outdated and contained numerous comparisons of pregnant women with Pavlov's dogs. More up to date courses do not claim to eliminate the pain, but offer techniques on managing it, which is what I am going to try (no harm in that, right?)