Alex Bennett's Reviews > The Iron Daughter

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

Sep 14, 10

bookshelves: own
Read from March 23 to September 10, 2010

The first book in this series, The Iron King is one of my favorite books of all time. So, naturally, I had high expectations when I finally decided to pick up The Iron Daughter. And I have to say, most of my expectations were met. Others were surpassed.

We still have the same amazing cast of characters, all amazingly written and realistic. Even though most of them are fantastical beings, they are written in a way that makes them seem so real. We also meet some new characters, who I also loved to read about. I love Meghan as a protagonist, but she was so obsessed with Ash in this book, it started to get on my nerve. Speaking of Ash, I was solidly Team Ash after reading The Iron King and Winter’s Passage, but I was constantly fluctuating between Team Ash and Team Puck while reading this book. As of now, I am Team Ash. But who knows what The Iron Queen will bring.

The writing in these books is outstanding. I haven’t even experienced a series in which I solidly feel like I am living through the story as much as I do while reading these books. Julie Kagawa has writing which is so descriptive and imaginative, yet it never slows the story down.

The story itself is where I found my only problem. Sure, it was still incredible, but it just wasn’t the addicting page-turner that The Iron King was. I don’t know why this is, since I still loved it to pieces, but I just wasn’t as addicted to The Iron Daughter. But that doesn’t change the fact that this is one of the best books I have ever read.

I am left here not knowing what to do. I am at such a loss. I feel like I will not be able to survive the coming months until I get my hands on The Iron Queen. I need to know what happens next because if the first two books are any indication of how it will be, I know I will not be disappointed. And neither will you if you read this spectacular series.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Daughter.

Amanda Totally agree! This series was amazing!