Robin's Reviews > Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul on Tough Stuff: Stories of Tough Times and Lessons Learned (Chicken Soup for the Soul

Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul on Tough Stuff by Jack Canfield

Dec 05, 07

bookshelves: advisory-2007-2008, books-that-helped-me, books-i-read-just-for-fun
Recommended for: Teens
Read in November, 2007

Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul on Tough Stuff: Stories of Tough Times and Lessons Learned is a book written by teenagers and some people in their early 20's, and this whole book is compiled by Kimberly Kirgerger, Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen. I wanted to read this book, because I was going through some tough times, and thought that maybe this book could help me get through them. I was depressed, and sometimes had thoughts of how and what it would be like if I killed myself, I hate to admit it but sometimes I see what it's like to try to kill myself. From this book I learned how to deal with my depression and how to deal with my fighting with my parents and how to deal with my thoughts of suicide. I learned how people got help, and learned how to become more sociable and more understanding of life. Even though this book helped me a lot, I sometimes have bad thoughts and sometimes, I have the same thoughts: "What would it be like if I didn't exist?" but not as often. When I finished reading the book, I was glad to know (even though I new before) that I wasn't the only kid or teen that had these certain kind of thoughts, I read and heard them in books, magazines, newspapers, and on the television on certain shows, but I felt better knowing, that all of that was real. I also photocopied some poems and stories that really helped me through my tough times, and I even wrote some to help me get my thoughts and anger out. This book really helped me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul on Tough Stuff.