Krista the Bald Avenger's Reviews > Sleeping Beauty, Indeed & Other Lesbian Fairytales

Sleeping Beauty, Indeed & Other Lesbian Fairytales by JoSelle Vanderhooft

Mar 15, 15

bookshelves: chick-lit, fantasy, romance-erotica-adults-only, 2010, anthology-short-stories, lgbtq
Recommended for: GLBT, those who like fairy tales
Read in May, 2010, read count: 1

(This review refers to the hardback edition)

While a worthy effort, Sleeping Beauty, Indeed fell short of my expectations. Some of the stories I was able to connect to its origins, others I had no clue. I enjoyed one story that paired Cinderella with The Little Mermaid. However though the title indicates Lesbian Fairytales, some stories are so vague on the sexuality between the characters that they wind up being a let-down.

As other reviewers have noted there are several typos within the book. The titled short story is missing a page at the end. There are inconsistencies with fonts, and just plain sloppy editing.

However, if you are a fan of fairytales, regardless of origin--story or sexuality--you should find this a good read. It won't change your life, but it's not a waste of time either.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sleeping Beauty, Indeed & Other Lesbian Fairytales.

04/18/2010 page 29
16.57% "not what I expected. Supposed to be Fairytales modernized to lesbian tales but..the first story, I just didn't get it."
04/26/2010 page 69
39.43% "Not your average Fairy Tales!"
05/04/2010 page 83
47.43% "bummed--missing page 81 of the book (bad editing) so left wondering exactly how the ending of the title story goes..."