Dorri's Reviews > Moon Sworn

1916877
Jul 04, 10

bookshelves: fantasy-urban
Read from June 27 to July 01, 2010 — I own a copy

As a rule, I don't read reviews until I've completed a book. I don't like spoilers and I like to build my own opinions about what happens to the characters or how the plots twist and turn. I finished Moon Sworn and promptly read reviews. It was odd that so many of them were negative because in Moon Sworn we really get a sense of Riley the resillent. Riley the survivor.

Much of what has happened to Riley in the previous books has been out of her control, even so we cheer for her when she completes a mission or survives something horrific. She's been kidnapped, drugged, beaten and generally abused by her life and still she has found love and a family of her choosing.

The book begins in sorrow, Riley saying goodbye the the fallen Kade and learning to deal with loss of Kye (may he be bound in Hades and danced upon by the tortured souls). Even after barely surviving Kyes death and unsure if life was the right choice, Riley tries to escape her sadness by returning to her Guardian work at the Directorate. Jack calls to have her check out the body of a brutally slain released ex-con. Even in her fragility, Riley is still the bold, vivacious woman I have come to know. What Riley doesn't know is that even as she strives to solve the mystery of the dead ex-con an enemy from her childhood who is twisted and plotting to exact revenge on her has decided to put his plot into play. Not only does she stand to loose her brother, Rhoan, her lover, Quinn, but the life she has recently fought to hold onto. The question becomes can Riley overcome the events that unfold around her to triumph?
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moon Sworn.