Brittany's Reviews > The Five People You Meet in Heaven

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

Mar 05, 2010

bookshelves: 2010-reads, christian
Recommended to Brittany by: No one.
Recommended for: Anyone. It's short and quick enough for anybody.
Read from March 05 to 10, 2010 , read count: 1

I really could have done without the wordy birthday sectionals, and perhaps that is why this book lost the 4.5 from me and is now a sturdy 4 stars.

A small but mighty read. Small, quick and seems to be a light read, however you'll be left with the proper thought provocation that should be called for in a novel(la) that deals with life and death.

The Five People You Meet in Heaven follows, in reverse, the life of Eddie who has recently died. He meets five people, some random to him and some not-so-random, that teach him the lessons that he should have learned on Earth.

There's not much in the way of character involvement. Yeah, you get to know Eddie's heart, head and life, but you don't feel pulled in. You're a bystander who has the opportunity to watch Eddie learn as he "levels up" in Heaven.

Read as if you're peering through a moving window as Eddie discovers the truth that happened around him. A great novel(la) showing us why things happen (bad included), the truth that occurs around our oblivion and why it's important to keep your priorities straight.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Five People You Meet in Heaven.

03/05/2010 page 27
13.78% "So far, so good."
03/10/2010 page 135
68.88% "I'm already set on giving this at least 4.5 stars."
show 3 hidden updates…