Gus's Reviews > My Fair Lazy: One Reality Television Addict's Attempt to Discover If Not Being A Dumb Ass Is the New Black, or, a Culture-Up Manifesto

My Fair Lazy by Jen Lancaster

Oct 10, 11

bookshelves: memoir, humor, read-2010, to-read-on-kindle
Read from May 02 to 03, 2010

Okay, I feel horrible giving a Jen Lancaster book only 2 stars, but I honestly thought it was "okay" and not much more. I normally love JL, I think she's hilarious and perhaps it was my excitement over this book that led to my disappointment. It's nothing like the other ones, where the storyline is coherent and there's (somewhat) of a goal to reach at the end. While I loved the last chapter of My Fair Lazy, the rest felt forced and very little of it was about Jen becoming more cultured. A lot of the things I found interesting (like when she decides to "eat the world") weren't covered very much. It felt like a lot of filler...and not even the hilariously insane (and silly) filler that I'm used to from JL. I highly recommended her other three books to humor fans, but not this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Fair Lazy.

05/02/2010 page 10
2.6% "Book store perk: reading books before they go on shelves (and for freeee!!)"
05/03/2010 page 350
91.15% "I keep reading and reading, hoping that its going to get better...I normally love JL :("

dateDown_arrow    newest »

John She used a lot of words to fill up the first half of the book, but they didn't really seem to add anything.

message 2: by M (new) - rated it 3 stars

M I completely agree with this assessment of My Fail Lazy!

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy Your review is exactly what I thought too.

Ms. Bentley I completely agree!