Yan's Reviews > Pucker Up

Pucker Up by Rhonda Stapleton

Jun 26, 10

Read on June 26, 2010

Pucker Up has the same elements as did Stupid Cupid: fun, flirtatious, and funny. There is something wholesome and enjoyable about this series that makes it such a guilty read, but it has enough drama and sass like divorce and cheaters that prevents it from becoming a cavity-inducing book. If you read The Naughty List by Suzanne Young you might understand the cute aspects of the book. Now just replace strawberry smooth with words like “ballsy” and you have Pucker Up.

Pucker Up and the series in general is very modern in terms of diction and references (PDAs anyone?) that may not far well with the test of time. It does, however, have elements that are classics like concerns if your love interest really does care about you and toughening out through a divorce.

The ending was expected yet unexpected at the same time. I will not give it away, but I will mention that it was fitting. It was just a bit too quick and was settled too easily for me though.

Stupid Cupid was hilarious—laugh out loud funny—but Pucker Up was more tender. Rhonda Stapleton has a very stable writing and consistently delivers each time. Her characters are all likeable including the ‘villains’ and her humor is agreeable to almost every reader.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pucker Up.