I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)'s Reviews > Guilty Pleasures

Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton

I liked this book much more than I had anticipated. I am not sure what all the fuss is about in regards to Anita's promiscuity--uh, there was absolutely no romantic situations in this book. If Hamilton's Merry Gentry series is anything to go by, I am sure the series will heat up in the next few installments.

I actually enjoyed the plot and liked the author's characterization of Anita--being an "animator" puts a spin on things unique to this series. I can see the beginnings of romantic tension Anita and a certain master vampire--does this mean things will turn in a "Cat & Bones" direction? Hmmm...

I am looking forward to experiencing some of this so-called phenomenal writing that has caused such a ruckus around Hamilton and the Anita Blake series...I was not so impressed with her writing abilities in the Merry Gentry series.

✳✳ Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

___________________________________________________

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Guilty Pleasures.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Carolyn F. All the sex comes in about book 4 I think. But I don't think it hurt the story at all. I even think the story becomes better the further along the series takes but I'm in the minority.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) ah-ha...I thought the book was pretty good. i have heard so many mixed reviews about it and I wasn't sure what to expect--so my expectations were pretty low. As I have said b4, I wasn't real keen on the Merry Gentry series--I just kept reading it hoping for something to happen. I am definitely going to continue the series.

FlibBityFLooB There are some pretty good books in this series starting around book 3 through about book 7 or so... Then, it starts to get *weird* :)

Amanda Klich Wait until the tenth book.... The rest are great but by the tenth book you might think it's weird.