Kate 's Reviews > The Hunt for the Eye of Ogin

The Hunt for the Eye of Ogin by Patrick Doud

Mar 05, 2010

Read from March 05 to 18, 2010

I don't typically read young adventure books, but the synopsis of this book stepped me out of my comfort zone and made me want to be a part of this new adventure series. I was pleasantly surprised with Book One of 'The Winnitok Tales'. In comparison to the 'Harry Potter Series', we are thrust into a whole new world (literally) with new races and journeys. The main character Elwood meets Drallah and they set off to try and get him back home, but this is proven more difficult than expected.

The aspect of this novel that I enjoyed was the new world that Doud created for the reader. The visuals that he created were breathtaking and utterly creative. Everything from the different races of creatures to the language itself was refreshing and new. I appreciated the thought and care that he took with his characters and the epic journey that they molded around their goal of getting Elwood home.

This was a great fantasy book that kept a small part 'human' with a large part imagination. The mystery of the Eye that Elwood and Drallah were searching for, in an effort to save her land and send him home, kept the pages turning at a quick pace. I really loved the ending and how that played out and I am anticipating the next book in the series to keep the story alive.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunt for the Eye of Ogin.

03/12/2010 page 108