Kate 's Reviews > Burn

Burn by Ted Dekker

Mar 05, 2010

Ted Dekker and Erin Healy join forces again after their co-author debut novel, Kiss. Dekker and Healy merged separate ideas into a cohesive novel full of suspense and the choices that people make to survive.

After reading the synopsis for Burn, I thought I had some general idea of where the book would go. I was wrong. These characters took me on a thrill ride that had me hooked until the last page.

The major theme of this novel was choices. The choice between right and wrong. And the choice between surviving and risking your life to save another. These just touch the tip of the iceberg the make up the difference choices that each of these characters face in the wake of a devastating tragedy.

The characters that Dekker and Healy seamlessly created were fantastically shaped. They were deep and complicated, but each were honest and true down to their soul. Janeal was responsible for so much pain and heartache at a young age that she turned into a hard, stubborn, and strong woman who had to make terms with the decision that has haunted her since that day. With the discovery of the two survivors, her best friend and boyfriend, Janeal sets off on a journey to attempt to exonerate herself from the many wrong-doing she committed. Robert and Katie each handled the tragedy in different ways and shaped their lives accordingly.

I don't want to spoil too much of this book, but I highly recommend this adventure for the twists and turns that will make your head spin and keep you wanting more.

One thing I have to say that really resonated with me was the cover of this book. Before starting to read it, I was enticed by the visual of this woman who is seemed to be made up of fire and ice. You will just have to go out and get the book to understand the significance of this amazingly artistic cover.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burn.