Kate 's Reviews > The Iron Queen

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Jan 31, 11

THE IRON QUEEN, by Julie Kagawa, is a fast-paced adventure that will keep your eyes glued to the pages. This third book steps up the action and definitely kept my heart thumping until the shocking ending.

Just when I thought this series couldn't get any better, I was wrong. This book continues the battle between the oldbloods and the Iron Fey. The wlywood is almost completely taken over by the Iron Fey and Meghan is the only one who is able to stop it. Both Meghan and Ash have been exiled, but their relationship has finally been solidified. Their relationship is tested over and over as they come across more dangerous situations than ever before.

There is so much I want to say about this book but I am afraid to ruin it. Kagawa's story went beyond where I could have ever imagined. Her characters followed her masterfully placed plot into a battle of epic proportions. She really showed off her visuals in the art of fighting. The battle that ensued was bloody and tragic, and I was anxious to see who would make it out alive.

I enjoyed the new relationship between Meghan and Ash. They were both quite stuck in their respective human and fey ways but needed to find a way to survive together through compromise. Any good relationship is filled with ups and downs and I was pleased by the way this one was explored. Along with the old characters we came across some new ones. This series always stretches my imagination with its creation of the Iron Fey, and this book was no exception.

So here's my overall statement: Read it. If you are a fan of the series, Read it. If you haven't read any of the series, get books one and two and Read them. Fantastic.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Queen.