Christine's Reviews > Eclipse Bay

Eclipse Bay by Jayne Ann Krentz

Mar 05, 10

bookshelves: mystery, romance, suspense-thriller

My least favorite by this author so far. Since she seems to have dozens of titles, I suppose that's bound to happen sooner or later.

This book attempts to be a modern day Romeo and Juliet, with the children of two feuding families developing a romantic interest in one another. Something about the feud never resonated with me, though, and I got increasingly annoyed every time they talked about what the Harts would do or what a Madison would do, as if every member of the same family has the same personality.

I think the biggest problem I had was that I wasn't entirely fond of the heroine. She seemed too prissy and stuck up to me. I found her to be too dissimilar from the hero to really believe in a romance between them. I guess I'm not into opposites attract, although I did like the point (which this author makes in several books) that you can't just write down your preferences on a list and expect results.

I also didn't find the resolution of the mystery to be all that believable. I honestly just didn't buy that the person would have committed murder.

I recommend this author, but not this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eclipse Bay.