Kay Farmer's Reviews > Olive Kitteridge

Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout

Mar 13, 10

bookshelves: adult

Olive Kitterridge was an intriguing individual, for she kept me reading to see how see how she developed, her impacted on other and how others affected her. She seemed to be filled with regrets, but learned there were many things to be grateful for in our daily lives. Don't we all have those characteristics? Her honesty was refreshing.
After reading the book, I was reminded that I should learn to be more empathic, listen more often and know that all individuals are on a life adventure. Through our adventures we experience tragedies, joys, confusion and hopefully love. All of these experiences requires our attention, patience and tests our endurance; but hopefully we become a better person and have more insight to our lives and the lives we touch.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Olive Kitteridge.

message 1: by Norah (new)

Norah This is on my bookshef! How do you like it so far? I'm on the bus to NYC reading The Lightning Thief - so so good!

message 2: by Kay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kay Farmer Well...it's kept my attention. To say the least, Olive is a unique individual. Lots of emotional pulls throughout the book. I'm more than halfway in the book and really can't tell you how it will end.