Michelle's Reviews > Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Steve Hockensmith

F 50x66
Mar 05, 10

I just finished Quirk Classics' newest future classic Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls. DotD is the prequel to Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - Jane Austin's classic with Zombies and mayhem thrown in for good measure. This book begins four years before P&P&Z as Elizabeth is ready to come out into society, but low and behold even those long dead can't resist a good party!

Reading Steve Hockensmith's prose almost made me wonder if Jane Austin herself hasn't risen from the grave as well, because down to Mrs. Bennet's last "La" it sounds downright Austin. The book itself takes Regency to a new place with the scandalous nature of the Bennet girls becoming warriors, and shunned from society. How ever will they find a husband now? Humor is not lacking as we learn how the dreadfuls return to the English countryside, and we set the scene for P&P&Z.

I highly recommend this book. If you like Austin, and like fun - you'll enjoy this book too!

Plus, (and I can barely contain myself here) Quirk Classics is giving away 50 Dawn of the Dreadful Prize Packs!!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.