A.N. Vidrine's Reviews > Brass in Pocket

Brass in Pocket by Jeff Mariotte

Mar 07, 10

Read from March 05 to 06, 2010

This was another great CSI: entry. I was a little miffed originally that Max Allen Collins wasn't going to be continuing to write the series, because he had the characters and atmosphere nailed. But so far, the other authors have done a great job, with Jeff Mariotte so far being the better. I finished this one quickly, because it was hard to put down. The pacing was great, and the stories (the traditional two mystery plot of CSI:) were interesting. He also has the characters down really well; I could easily picture the actors filling the roles on the pages.

I just wish there had been a bit more of the trademark CSI: weirdness. The dark humor was there, but the really twisted stuff that makes my husband and I gape at each other (or laugh) while watching the show was absent. Of course, not every episode of CSI: is an eyebrow-rasier, so I can't expect every book to be, either.

Luckily, the author lives in Arizona, and will be attending the Tucson book festival next weekend. I'll be able to thank the author in person for a good story, and another good addition to the CSI: series (of which I cannot get enough).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brass in Pocket.