JenMcJ's Reviews > Timing

Mar 26, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: e-books, mm-mmm-a-few-mmf-too
Read on March 17, 2010

** spoiler alert ** This is another example of books being plotted out without enough research or background to make the underlying driving reasons believable. It’s been pretty common lately.

I marked this with spoilers because there really are big spoilers so don't read further if you don't want to be *spoiled*

(view spoiler)

But….that said. I love the style of writing in this story even if it is very reminiscent of A Matter of Time books 1 - 4. Where A Matter of Time was able to transport me someplace that gave me the ability to suspend disbelief…I just couldn’t reach that plateau with this offering.
10 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Timing.

message 1: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz I didn't get the reference to Matter of Time or all the strike outs in your review - as I haven't read that series - and had to actually look it up to find out it was written by the same author - sorry that wasn't clear to me in your review. I enjoyed this book - I guess the villain or the land deal wasn't a big deal for me - I don't trust corporate management and there's no telling what kind of deals that they negotiate day in and day out. I enjoyed the read more for the relationships between the characters. I thought it was a fun story.