Danielle's Reviews > Shadow of the Moon

Shadow of the Moon by Rachel Hawthorne

Apr 12, 11

bookshelves: young-adult-fiction
Read in April, 2011

This was the best book of this series so far. The author did a good job in allowing the reader to get to know the two main characters. I could understand Hayden's strength and her loneliness at being a Shifter empath. Hayden's gift didn't allow her to socialize and live well with other shifters because she was constantly being bombarded by their emotions, both good and bad. She runs away from Wolford to protect herself and her pack but Daniel is sent to find her. The time Daniel and Hayden spend away from Wolford and other Shifters allowed us to see them as regular people and not shifters, which I think allowed us to understand them better and relate to them. We get to really see how Hayden slowly falls in love with Daniel and vice versa. Daniel, was a recent addition to the Dark Guardian group and because of that, the reader does not know that much about him and neither did Hayden. Therefore as he opened himself up to Hayden, the reader felt like they too were getting to know him. Daniel was a loner himself was able to understand Hayden's need to be alone, eventhough he was determined to get her back to Wolford. Daniel and Hayden were the perfect pairing, but they had their obstacles to overcome, one of theing being a monster who was after Hayden's soul. Secrets are revealed and it makes the story so much better.

It was absolute great read. Loved it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow of the Moon.