Jo's Reviews > Leap!: What Will We Do with the Rest of Our Lives?

Leap! by Sara Davidson

Mar 03, 10

bookshelves: biography-memoir, self-help, nonfiction
I own a copy

Good, thoughtful read for anyone over 48 and especially those of us looking to do something else with our lives. It was an interesting and enjoyable read as I was able to connect to many things that were brought out in the book. It is essentially about figuring out what we do after our current work lives are over and before death. The author put into words the many of the confusing feelings and longings that have been swimming around inside me, and paints a vision of future filled with hope and possibility, once we get through “the narrows”. I found myself reading bits and pieces aloud to my companion. She interviewed her contemporaries and those well known during the time when when the older Boomers were coming of age, such as Jane Fonda, Tom Hayden, Paul Krassner, Carly Simon, Gloria Steinem, Cheryl Tiegs, Ram Dass, and Andrew Weil. Others lived less in the public eye, but contributed vitally to the arts, healthcare, spirituality, and education. The insights -- both Davidson's own and those of her interviewees -- are thought provoking and quite interesting. No solid answers are given, but rather questions to answer & possibilities to explore. So if you’re looking for a step-by-step “how to”, this isn’t the book for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leap!.