Jennifer's Reviews > Beautiful Creatures

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia

Mar 03, 10

bookshelves: 2010, supernatural, teen, romance
Read in March, 2010

I was truly looking forward to reading this book; however, it was somewhat of a disappointment. I did enjoy the writing and the characters a lot. The character development was really great, and added a lot to the story, and the plot was very intriguing. What ultimately knocked 2 stars from my rating and made it a disappointment were three things: 1) it probably could've moved a tad bit faster. 500+ pages were just too much; by page 324, I looked at the rest of the book and thought "Really??!" 2) I didn't feel like anything was answered! At all! After 500+ pages!! 3) Was is just me, or did anyone feel like if the family just communicated, a whole lot of grief would've been saved? Macon didn't tell Lena everything, Lena and Ethan didn't trust anybody, and the entire time (and especially at the end), I was yelling "Just talk to each other already!"

I'll probably read the sequel because I want to know what happens. I just feel like the book could've been AMAZING, rather than just "eh".

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Creatures.