Ann's Reviews > The King of Torts

The King of Torts by John Grisham

Mar 03, 10

I discovered John Grisham's books when I realized that I did not have a book on hand to read ... I didn't have time to go to the library and found a pile of Grisham books in my son's bedroom that had been sent to him while he was deployed overseas in Iraq. I picked up this one and dove in and was hooked ! This story begins with a young lawyer who is stuck in a dead end job with the Office of the Public Defender representing losers in court and scratching out a living. He is somehow picked out by someone who is scamming people with big frivolous lawsuits ... he gets sucked into the big money that can be made convincing people they've been suckered and ultimately convincing them to hire him to sue.(Actually some of the suits were legitimate, but most were manufactured ) Clay Carter, the young lawyer in the book, gets filthy rich, more and more greedy, and eventually squanders his immense wealth ... gets unlucky and loses it all. In the end, he finds out that what he really wants is to start a new life with the woman he's in love with, and to heck with money !!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The King of Torts.