Holly's Reviews > Iron Kissed

Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs

Apr 01, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read from March 24 to 25, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 2

May have slight spoilers.

In Iron Kissed author Patricia Briggs third Mercedes Thompson novel Mercy—mechanic and coyote shifter (better known as a Walker) is pulled into danger when her friend—and Fae—Zee calls her to ‘scent’ some murdered Fae’s victims house to see if she can discern a reoccurring scent of who may have killed them.

Soon though Zee is arrested by the police for murdering a human and his own people are going to let him take the blame in order to keep the humans from investigating the Fae reservation.

Mercy isn’t about to let that happen though and keeps investigation on her own.

Mercy also realizes that she has to make a choice between werewolves soon; either Sam (Samuel) or Adam—if she doesn’t a fight, and the death of one, is inevitable.

This third novel was I have to say better and not better than the last in ways.

I like that we are getting deeper into Mercy’s life—I loved that she chose her man, er, werewolf, so no more wondering on that.

But at the same time, I have to say I wished there was more relationship between the two in this book, which is how it was in the last books as well though. There is a relationship/s and though it is there we don’t really get much in-depth or good-deep plot between the two characters.

Now that Mercy has chosen though I hope we are going to get more relationship not just them talking and stuff when Mercy is in trouble.

The actual plot—being mostly centered around the Fae was interesting as the author goes pretty in-depth about them—kind of like she did with the first novel and the vampires.

So we are getting loads of Fae related info and I wonder if it will carry into the next book—is it a build up for the fifth book?

Altogether I really liked this installment, Mercy goes through hell but in the end she overcomes it, mostly—the plot was intriguing and easy to follow; the mystery elements were wonderful and kept me guessing who the bad guy was. I would recommend this series to anyone!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Iron Kissed.

Quotes Holly Liked

Patricia Briggs
“Some people are like Slinkies.They aren't really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.”
Patricia Briggs, Iron Kissed

Jennifer I love Adam and Samuel! They are so hot!

message 2: by Holly (last edited Feb 14, 2012 03:27PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Holly Jennifer wrote: "I love Adam and Samuel! They are so hot!"

Me too! Very hot! LOL :)