Effie's Reviews > Moonlight

Moonlight by Rachel Hawthorne

Dec 08, 10

bookshelves: 3-stars, ya-books, reviewed
Read on June 10, 2010 — I own a copy

An interesting story, that begins with this first book in the Dark Guardians series. I was always a vampire fun but these books made me see werewolves with another eye. Of course I will always have a soft spot for vampires but this book was plain wonderful in a kind of cheesy and fairytale kind of way.

It's basically a romance series with a little action going on. It's all about love, destiny and forever. Werewolves mark their mates with a tattoo on their shoulders and if a guy doesn’t end up with the girl they are destine for, they end up alone forever. There is a special connection between male and female that only exists between werewolves making their love true and last forever.

It sounds cheesy and it felt like it, since the author introduces us to this world through Kayla's eyes really fast. She works at the park, where her real parents died, for the summer in order to get the traumatic experience she had when she was little, over. There she meets the others and among them Lucas that scares her and attracts her at the same time.

On the verge of a crazy scientist who wants to capture them, she discovers that werewolves are real and she is one of them. And if she doesn't pick Lucas as her mate till the first full moon after her 17th birthday-to help her through her transformation-she might even die.

Loved the book! I will definitely read the rest of them. There are 4 books in total so far. It a perfect book for those that are hungry for some cheesy love-for-ever story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonlight.