Tamcamry's Reviews > Developing the Leader Within You

U_50x66
Mar 03, 10

bookshelves: books-for-business
Read in December, 2008, read count: 3

• This is actually the third time that I’ve read this particular book, and I’m sure that I will read it again in the future. This book is a must read for anyone who is in a position to influence people in any way. In my current job, my focus is to get people to see the value of the product my company sells and to effectively sell it for us. This book has reminded me of some of the most basic principles of influence that I may have forgotten. Because of the new context I bring to this reading of the book, I have also seen some new insights that will help me. The information about just how important being a good team member is will help me. Also, the reminder to recognize the top 20% and spend at least 80% of my time with them is particularly useful in the position I’m in. I think that more than anything one of the chapters towards the end where I’m challenged to look at the top 5 things I need to work on is most helpful to me. It is a good reminder not to get overwhelmed, but to take things one at a time.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Developing the Leader Within You.