Melissa's Reviews > Plum Island

Plum Island by Nelson DeMille

F_50x66
Mar 02, 10

Read in February, 2010

Although a lot of people complained about the main character, I thought he was really the only thing that made the story interesting. I love the concept of a mystery on Plum Island, a biohazard zone that works with deadly viruses. However, it makes absolutely no sense that people would be able to take their own boats there and do random archaeological digs. I also didn't really understand why they made such a huge deal out of certain characters at the beginning of the book when they really didn't have anything to do with the rest of the story.

Anyway, I was waiting for some great big twist, but it never really came. Instead it just dragged on and on to the point that I didn't even really care anymore. I won't be trying any more DeMille.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Plum Island.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Claudette I completely agree with you. There are about 150 pages about Plum Island and the people who work there, all characters who are never heard from again, and apart from the title of the book, don't seem to have anything to do with the story anyway! As well, I agree with you that all the details of this crime were revealed far too early in the story, and from that point, were simply repeated to different people, in different ways.. blah blah... till I also didn't even really care anymore.

message 2: by Jan (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jan I agree with you, too. The book was just not so well written, to put it mildly. I have tried two "deMilles' before (didn't like 'em) but there definitely not gonna be any more.