Morgan F's Reviews > Every Little Thing in the World

Every Little Thing in the World by Nina de Gramont

Originally, I wasn't too interested in this book. From the plot description, it looked pretty cliched.

This book is about 16 year old Sydney Biggs. After getting into some trouble, Sydney's parents send her off on a six-week canoeing trip for the summer in the Canadian wilderness. Sydney's best friend, the rich and beautiful Natalia, is also going, but Sydney isn't all too happy about that, because with Natalia there, Sydney must constantly face an awful truth: she is pregnant. Over the course of the summer, Sydney must decide what to do about the baby, whether it means losing her best friend or her future.

Surprisingly, I adored this book. The first few chapters were meh, but once Syndey got to camp, I couldn't put the book down. I absolutely loved the complex and lively cast of characters, and the setting was a nice change. It was decently written and pretty realistic. I think de Gramont perfectly captured the troubles of a pregnant teen and brought up some interesting points. I didn't find it predictable and Sydney's decision surprised me.

I really enjoyed this book. I'll be looking forward to reading more from this author in the future. If I could, I would give it 4.5 stars.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Every Little Thing in the World.

03/03/2010 page 28
9.72% "This girl doesn't seem emotionally involved enough."
03/04/2010 page 48
16.67% "Her parents are so bitchy! I don't blame the kid."
03/05/2010 page 201
69.79% "My feelings about this book completely changed. Now I'm in love with all the characters."

Morgan F Aw, thanks. Maybe it's just the poet coming out in me....or the cheesy soap operas.

message 2: by Arlene (new)

Arlene Okay, this sounds really good. I added it to my TBR. Gonna look for it at my library.