Bdbgirl1 / Ehlena's Reviews > Lover Eternal

Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward

Apr 20, 10

bookshelves: re-read

I have re-read this with the other ladies of the Black Dagger Brotherhood on Goodreads in anticipation of "Lover Mine."

Will never get tired of this series.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Eternal.

Quotes Bdbgirl1 / Ehlena Liked

J.R. Ward
“The front door flew open, and Mary shot out of the house, jumping off the porch, not even bothering with the steps to the ground. She ran over the frost-laden grass in her bare feet and threw herself at him, grabbing on to his neck with both arms. She held him so tightly his spine cracked.

She was sobbing. Bawling. Crying so hard her whole body was shaking.

He didn't ask any questions, just wrapped himself around her.

I'm not okay," she said hoarsely between breaths. "Rhage...I'm not okay.”

J.R. Ward
“V shook his head. “Remember what you saw in that clearing, cop? How’d you like that anywhere near a female you loved?”

Butch put down the Bud without drinking from it. His eyes traveled over Rhage’s body.

“We’re going to need a shitload of steel,” the human muttered.”

J.R. Ward
“All I know is, she's a pounding in my chest that I can't ignore. . . hell, that I don't WANT to ignore. [Rhage]”

J.R. Ward
“You're getting into some kind of shape, cop."
Aw, come on, now." Butch grinned. "Don't let that shower we took go to your head."
Rhage fired a towel at the male. "Just pointing out your beer gut's gone."
It was a Scotch pot. And I don't miss it.”

J.R. Ward
“What is your name?" she murmured.
He cocked an eyebrow at her and then went back to staring at his brother. "I'm the evil one, in case you haven't figured it out."
"I wanted your name, not your calling."
"Being a bastard's more of a compulsion, really. And it's Zsadist. I am Zsadist.”

J.R. Ward
“He wanted to give her another word to say, something like luscious or whisper or strawberry. Hell, antidisestablishmentarianism would do it.”

“You are a manipulator.
I like to think of myself more as an outcome engineer.”