Heidi's Reviews > Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter

Mar 12, 12

bookshelves: 2010-ya-book-challenge, 2010-book-challenge, fiction, ya-12-19, series, chick-lit, feel-good
Read from March 01 to 05, 2010

A fun sequel to the first book, and just as light and chick-lit, too. I liked the element of the boys coming to stay at the school. I was a little disappointed that early on I had guessed correctly about was going on because it took away some of the excitement for me. However, Carter did a decent job in the what's-going-on aspect as I still found myself second-guessing my original guess.

Honestly, I never liked Zach. He's not Josh. I liked Josh. I prefer Josh. My favorite scenes were the ones with Josh, especially as I could totally understand the feelings on all sides which were occurring in the situations. I was not as into this book as I was the first, but I was still as (easily) entertained. I always enjoy a fast, light read when life is zooming all around me.

Now I have to learn to embrace that reading a variety of YA books, no matter how embarrassing it is to tell others the title, is OK. :-)
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy.

message 1: by Saralyn (new)

Saralyn I couldn't get into this one. Tell me if I need to try again.:)