Carrie's Reviews > Regression

liked it
bookshelves: first-reads, books-i-own, arc-s-i-ve-won
Recommended for: Adults
Read from March 02 to April 04, 2010 — I own a copy , read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** I received this ebook free from the author and I thank her for the opportunity to have read her story.

The beginning hooked me. I liked the idea of a 40yr old mother of six regressing back to a 14yr old. But I have to admit, as the story when on I had to force myself through. I didn’t like any of the characters especially the main one, Adya. I thought she was self-centered. I hated that she was smarter and more important than any of the men who were to be her future mates. She won every argument, always putting everyone in their places. I hated that she was perfect and her yummy pheromones drove the men crazy. I know she was 40yrs old in a 14yr old body but I was a bit disturbed knowing all these men were lusting over her and she even had sex with one. I thought she really loved her husband and her children?? I would have liked her better if she didn’t give in to what was expected. I good fight would have been nice. The scientific dialogue of what was happening to Adya drug on. I felt a lot of that could have been cut out. If there was a climax, I guess I missed it. The book just didn’t climb and didn’t keep me interested.

On the positive side…I think the idea was wonderful. I’m sure the next book cleans up a lot of lose ends. I thought the entries from Dr. Weaver’s journal were cleaver. As a whole it was written pretty well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Regression.