Katelyn's Reviews > The Faerie Path

The Faerie Path by Allan Frewin Jones

Sep 25, 12

bookshelves: own
Read from June 25 to July 10, 2012

Yet another title that I left sitting on my bookshelf for way too long. I've corrected my mistake in waiting such a long time neglecting this title, and can say that I found yet another fey series that I'm interested in seeing how it will all pan out. With six books in the series I've got my work cut out for me if I want to see where the rest of the series goes, but after such a wonderful series opener, I don't think I'll find the task very daunting.

I will start out by admitting that I may have found myself wondering what range in ages the author was going for as far as his target audience was concerned...and being an older in age fan of young adult titles I don't think I would fit into that target. But regardless, while there were a few parts that I found a little tedious, for the most part, the premise and characters won be over from the very beginning. Despite having several theories of how Jones would wrap up his first series installment I will admit defeat. I had guessed right on a few of my ideas, but other matters Jones threw me for a loop without a doubt.

If you're a fan of titles surrounding the fey and all things fantasy, this was a fun read that I think most readers will come to enjoy as much as I did. I've got five other titles to work my way through and I'm really looking forward to the opportunity to do just that.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Faerie Path.

06/27/2012 page 57
show 2 hidden updates…

message 1: by Mechele (new) - added it

Mechele Let me know how you like it :)

Katelyn Hopefully I'll get a review up soon, but even though I was really late to the game with this one, I did enjoy it. It was different from the majority of the fantasy faerie titles I've read in the past. With so many installments in the series, hopefully they're all just as entertaining!

message 3: by Kenya (new)

Kenya Wright I do like my readings to be a bit dark... are there some dark elements in this book?

Katelyn I wouldn't say there were too many of those moments....one of the characters turned out to have a darker side than expected but for the most part it was a light read.

Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom) Like you Katelyn, I've had these books on my shelves for a LONG time! I'll get to them one day!!